Skip to Main Content
How Do I...
You Are Here:
to receive a text message or email when new bids are added!
Format for Printing
Mowing, Baling, and Removal of Hay
The City of Dubuque Parks Department will receive sealed bids for Mowing, Baling, and Removal of Hay from land owned by the City of Dubuque for the 2018 harvest season. The location has been mowed and maintained for the past several years. This is for a one time cutting. Property location:
1. Dubuque Technology Park
1. The attached maps show an approximate number of acres available to mow for hay. Prospective bidders are encouraged to make an on-site visit to the Property to inspect and make a determination of the actual acreage that is capable of being mowed and baled.
2. Payments to the City must be received as a lump sum prior to the beginning of cutting.
3. The number of crops harvested is limited to one and mowing height shall be set so remaining cut stubble height is at least 4 inches
4. The operation shall be completed in a professional manner and the area shall be left in a neat condition upon completion
5. All baled hay shall be removed from the property within 7 days of being baled.
6. Harvesting operations shall not occur during periods when resultant wheel ruts would cause possible drainage, erosion, or compaction problems. Costs for repair by the City of such operations will be recovered from the successful bidder.
7. The City of Dubuque makes no guarantee as to the quality and quantity of the hay, to the presence of any foreign materials, or to the contaminants that may be contained in the hay and assumes no responsibilities for the hay harvested from the properties.
8. The successful bidder agrees to pay the City of Dubuque for damages from mowing or harvesting hay, including but not limited to damage to fences, signs, landscape plantings, or other features in such properties.
9. The successful bidder will be required to sign an agreement with the City which will include a requirement that the bidder indemnify the City and hold the City from any loss arising out of the work.
Please see attached bid document for additional details.
8/3/2018 12:00 AM
8/15/2018 11:00 AM
See attached bid document
Steve Fehsal, Park Division Manager
2200 Bunker Hill Road
Return To Main Bid Postings Page
Pay a Bill or Fine
Agendas & Minutes
Bids / RFPs
Code of Ordinances
City Services Guide
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow