Council Member Ric Jones
Ric Jones, of 1270 Dunleith Court, was first elected to one of two at-large positions on the Dubuque City Council in 2005. He was re-elected in 2009, 2013, and again in 2017, and is currently serving his fourth term.
He retired in 2005 from a distinguished 31-year career with the Dubuque Fire Department as the Department's first Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Supervisor. Currently, Councilman Jones is the Program Manager for Emergency Medical Services Professions at Northeast Iowa Community College in Peosta.
Prior to joining the Fire Department, Councilman Jones studied theater arts at the University of Dubuque. He has hundreds of hours of adult and continuing education in EMS and EMS leadership. He is also an accomplished musician, drumming and leading the Dubuque Upper Main Street Jazz Band.
City Council Appointments
• Dubuque Metropolitan Area Transportation Study Policy Committee
• Dubuque Metropolitan Area Solid Waste Agency
• Iowa Regional Workforce Investment Board
• FEMA Local Emergency Planning Committee
• Conference Committee
• Dubuque Racing Association
• Dubuque Convention and Visitors Bureau Board
Councilman Jones has been involved in numerous community and civic organizations. His record of service includes:
• Past vice president of the Iowa Association of Professional Fire Fighters
• Past chairman of the Dubuque County EMS Advisory Commission
• Past president of the Dubuque Professional Fire Fighters' Association
• Dubuque County EMS Association
• Dubuque Downtown Kiwanis Club
• American Red Cross of the Tri-States
• Hills and Dales Child Development Center
• Special Olympics Iowa
Councilman Jones is a member of the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators, the International Association of Fire Chiefs, the Iowa Firemen's Association, the Dubuque County Fire Association, the Dubuque Shrine Club and the Dubuque Masonic Lodge.
Councilman Jones and his wife, Sue, live on Dubuque's south side with their black lab, Fred.
Click here to email Council Member Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 563.690.6503. To contact the entire City Council, click here, and fill out the "Contact Us" form.